Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A very happy Easter



While I completely understand the strong allure of those hollowed out 30 cent easter eggs from Big W which to me are the epitome of easter (they just have a different taste...such an Eastery eggy taste...you know what I mean) I urge you all to buy your friends/lovers/parents/sisters/brothers/guinea pigs Fairtrade easter eggs this weekend. Every easter I ask the easter bunny for 1 thing - a dark chocolate Lindt easter bunny (the big one of course) and a slowly plough my way through it. Not this year. Nope. I'm making a change.

As consumers, we are the ones that can make a difference. Huge corporations won't change their habits unless we do first. So instead of grabbing the 30 pack mini easter eggs, devouring them all in an hour and feeling like a beached whale for the rest of the weekend, spend that little bit more on one glorious, superior tasting, socially concious easter egg. Eat it, enjoy it and know that you are helping the fight against the big baddies of this world (I'm looking at you, Nestle).

For more information as to WHY go here

- Sydney Morning Herald article on the benefits of buying Fairtrade this Easter

For more information as to HOW go here

-list of Fairtrade easter egg products available in Australia

No comments:

Post a Comment