Sunday, January 9, 2011

Woe is Me

Okay, time for a D & M (that's deep and meaningful to all you non-2003 msn users out there...lol, rofl!).

My best friend is overseas (for a long time). My boyfriend is overseas (also, for a long time). I'm selfless enough to be excited for them, but also selfish enough to feel sad and lonely.

It's hot and sticky and my fan makes weird noises when I try to go to sleep, but I can't sleep without it on.

I'm bored. I need some sort of intellectual stimulation because I'm scarily becoming more and more addicted to trashy magazines and less interested in the world section of the newspaper the further away I get from any form of education.

I have no idea what this next year will bring me. For some, this is a thrill. For me, it's terrifying. Will I get into the uni course I want to? I hope so, but I really don't know. Up until January 19th I'm in limbo, anxiously waiting for that little bit of information that has the power to elate or destroy my hopes.

I'm saving like a manic so money spending is limiting my ability to do pretty much anything. I keep looking at online shopping sites and saving all the most beautiful clothes into my virtual shopping trolley and then I have to exit because of said savings plan. Petty, I know, but that mustard yellow shift dress had my name ALL over it and it will never be mine.

I have a manky foot that got infected after I scraped it on the bottom of a swimming pool. So now I hobble around with about 20 bandaids stuck to my foot. My fault entirely but complaining makes it a little better.

I'm annoyed at myself for not keeping my French up...all that effort and now it's slowly seeping from my brain. Merde.

My spontaneous "let's cut me a fringe!" isn't growing out fast enough, so when I go to put my hair in a bun little bits of hair fling out over my eyes. This is problematic most when driving.

Trivial problems, I know, but sometimes a girl needs a whinge.

On the flip side;

I still have my two favourite, most beautiful friends, who are like my sisters keeping me company, making me laugh and ensuring things are kept interesting.

All of my saving isn't for nothing - in 9 days I'm going to be walking around the streets of Mumbai, with 5 weeks of India and Nepal ahead of me. I'm salivating at the thought of genuine Chai and vindaloo.
And in June I'm going to Europe for the first time in my life. I can't wait. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be walking around with my mouth open in amazement the whole time. And eating everything in sight.

My foot is itchy, which means it's healing...but my god I want to scratch.

At least it's not winter.

Six months goes very fast these days, so in no time I'll be giggling with Kini and cruising the streets of Denmark with Tom. And Skype is so, so much fun especially with my captains pilot headset/microphone combo I have going.

And uni schmoonie. Whatever happens, happens. Where there is a will, there's a way. Insert other encouraging optimistic quote.

Phew.
Okay.
Sweet.
Great!
I feel so much better.
Back to normal blogging tomorrow, promise.
Thanks for the chat guys!

2 comments:

  1. "Faith means living with uncertainty- feeling your way through life, letting your heart guide you like a lantern in the dark."
    :)

    ReplyDelete