Monday, October 8, 2012

The Breakfast Series - 1

dane3

Breakfast, the best part of every day. I've never attempted to hide the fact that it's my favourite thing to wake up to.  

Because I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment so much, every morning this week I'm going to post up a breakfast recipe to get your tastebuds going for the day. Starting with a delicious meal I shared with friends the other day cooked by fellow food blogger, and all round nice dude, Dane aka The Healthy Tradie.

Dane was introduced to me by a friend who suddenly realised we probably have a lot in common (mainly the overwhelming desire to eat raw cabbage and our mutual admiration for sprouted grain bread). He seeks to eat food that enrich him from the inside out - and always inspires me with his constant posting and exploration of new, disgustingly healthy dishes using alternative and interesting ingredients.

Awhile back I wrote about how much I love soft boiled eggs - doused in pretty much anything and eaten alongside some greens.
Well Dane has a penchant for this too, and I have to say he's a bit of a pro at it. Head over to his facebook page to have a squiz at his other creations.

So here's a photo of what he made for us. There's no real name for it, just a lovely list of simple ingredients that together make a damn fine way to break your fast.

dane2

dane1

Kale sauteed in a bit of coconut oil
Sprouted Loaf (Dane's friend makes this at home and sells it to him)
Soft Boiled Eggs rolled in sesame seeds (boil the eggs for 5:40 and immediately drain and transfer to a bowl of ice water - leave for a few minutes then peel)
Avocado
and Macadamia Oil

What's coming up tomorrow, you ask? Quinoa and chia seed 'pudding' with fresh berries...

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I can't wait to try this. I love Dane's page and recipes. Great recipes here as well :-)

    ReplyDelete