Monday, December 26, 2011

M E R R Y C H R I S T M A S

chrissy2


Merry Christmas everyone!

May you all be having a splendid day filled with love, food and of course, presents.
While it's that day of the year where all get together with family, eat ridiculous amounts of pig related products and get merry off a few glasses of sparkling, it's also a time of reflection of the year we've experienced and anticipation for the year ahead.

I can honestly say two thousand and eleven has been the craziest year of my life. I've started a completely new uni degree which has been stressful, intimidating and exciting. I went on two very different overseas trips which have not only challenged me physically and mentally, but has fostered my independence and altered my outlook on life. I've met mounds of absolutely wonderful new people from completely different walks of life and social circles; while some have come and gone, there are also many who I now can't imagine my life without.
I've had to deal with my first ever broken heart which, I've come to the conclusion, is not fun...

But from this I have discovered I really am a resilient, independent person. I've realised (again) just how much I love and appreciate my friends and family. I've spent a lot of time with people, and a lot of time alone. I've had ridiculous highs and unfortunately a few lows, but I can honestly say I have never had so much fun and craziness in my life.

From running along on the back of a camel in the sand dunes in India, to the countless coffee breaks with uni friends as we avoid doing any work at all, to the many nights spent gluing/cutting/painting for yet another ridiculous assessment, to drinking beers and watching the sun set over Paris at the Sacre Coeur with my best friend, to going on a sporadic little getaway to Byron with some new girlfriends just because we can, to the I-don't-even-know-how-many hours spent slicing salami and making take away coffees at work with my favourite boss and co-workers ever, to getting drunk and silly with my oldest of friends and to the countless delicious meals I've shared... it has been an unforgettable, confusing, exciting, strange and wonderful year.
Thanks to you guys for sticking with me through the weeks of neglect and sometimes uninspiring banter, but you and your nice, encouraging comments always make me smile.

So cheers to 2011...now bring on 2012.

1.3

1

2

1.2


1.1

3

4

7

9

5

6

10

12

 
11

1 comment:

  1. that cake was freaking delicious!!!! nom nom nom

    ReplyDelete