Thursday, August 11, 2011

L is for...

muffin2

...Loser, cos I'm definitely not the coolest person around.

Like I don't have a cool fashion and/or photography blog (believe you me I would if I was trendy enough...I think the fact that I just said trendy proves my point)
and I don't really fit in at nightclubs usually due to my lack of rhythm although I like to think I've nailed the sprinkler dance move.

I hate getting pedicures and manicures so I have the ugliest toenails and feet. I'm also the least ladylike person on this planet and often say inappropriate things.

Yes, I own and use a backpack.
And instead of getting excited about Vogue and cigarettes, I look forward to fresh fig season and new delicious. magazine every month.

I'm really clumsy. In fact last weekend I was at a house party and guess who fell down the stairs, flashing their undies to everyone? Nope, it wasn't one of the other highly skilled high-heeled wearing ladies who were there, but it was me. Me who was in the flattest shoes known to mankind. I now have the nasty bruise to prove it and I'm not just talking about my battered ego.

But worst of all, sometimes when I'm really laughing hard, I let out a sneaky snort. It's horrible.

...So I guess the only way I can make friends is by bribing them and at least I can cook so I got that going for me. These muffins are great if you're trying to win someone or something over because they are so dense and full of little bursts of deliciousness with chopped apricots, roasted hazelnuts and dark chocolate chips that no-one can resist them, thus in turn unable to resist you.

muffin3

Oat, Apricot, Hazelnut and Dark Choc-Chip Muffins
Makes 12

1 cup rolled oats
2 cups self raising flour
1 cup raw sugar
1 1/4 cups buttermilk
1 egg
90g butter, melted
100g dark choc chips
80g dried apricots
80g whole roasted hazelnuts
1 teaspoon honey

Combine flour, oats and sugar in a bowl. Steep the apricots in a bit of hot water and honey for at least 10 minutes so they become juicy and fresh. Then drain and roughly chop the apricots and hazelnuts and add to oat flour mixture. Chuck in the chocolate chips at this point too.
Whisk the egg into the buttermilk and pour into the mixture along with the melted butter and the egg. Stir until just combined (the trick with muffins is to not stir them too much!)

Spoon generous amounts of batter into a 12 hole muffin tin, top with a few sprinkles of oats and bake at 180 degrees celsius for around 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven, cool and eat.

muffin

7 comments:

  1. back in action!
    if losers were flowers, I'd pick you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) You're love is food is cool! You're not a loser at all lol. And I think its better that you're not into some of the things you mentioned as well lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks fergie (or can i call you fergalicious?)
    and anonymous, i think you are great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on your Ready Steady Cook appearance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just watching you on Ready Steady Cook. You're blog is yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing blog, I just found you after you were on Ready Steady Cook!
    Love your little story at the start, "trendy" haha.
    I'm following you. :)

    sharpest-lives@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw you on RSG too and wanted to have a look at your blog. Those muffins look delicious. I love to watch people too.

    ReplyDelete